2014 the “Half a Million Dollar Season”
Wake County Speedway is offering its Racers and Fans an opportunity to win $500,000 for the 2014 Season. You could be the lucky recipient of a half a million dollars. Of course, nothing is free, so below are the rules.
Here’s how it works. The Car’s Owner will receive one lottery ticket for each scheduled event that they participate in. In order to receive a lottery ticket for that event the Driver must complete 25% of the advertised laps for that event. At the end of the season, if that Car Owner, successfully competed in 75% of the actual races run for their division their lottery tickets will be entered into the drawing for a chance at the Grand Prize of $500,000.
In addition, each week one lucky fan will be selected at random to receive a lottery ticket to be entered into the season ending drawing.
For the special Super Late Model event, any Car Owner, that purchases one complete set of tires and attempts qualifying will receive one lottery ticket.
At the 2014 season ending awards banquet, to be held on November 7, 2014 at Rush Hour Karting in Garner, NC, all qualified entries will be placed in a drum or other suitable container, and 10 tickets will be drawn. Those ten tickets holders will move on to the final round. An individual may have more than one entry in the final round. The ten tickets will then be mixed and one ticket drawn to determine the lucky winner.
The winner will receive a $500 cash prize and will then have the chance to select 1 bag out of 100. In one of the bags will the grand prize of $500,000.
Eligibility rules for the chance to claim the Grand Prize of an annuity worth $500,000. (The $500,000 annuity will be out over 40 years at $12,500 per year).
- Must be 18 years or older to participate.
- At the end of each event the Car Owner must register with the track to receive their ticket for that event. Registration will occur at the pay window and each Car Owner or their representative must sign the registration sheet to be eligible to receive a lottery ticket for that event. If the registration form is not signed, than the that Car Owner will not receive a ticket for that event. Once the pay window is closed for the event, no further registration for that event can take place and the Car Owner will not receive a ticket for that event will not qualify as a completed event for purposes of competing in 75% of the events. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Competing divisions will only include Late Model, Mod 4, UCars, Bombers, 4Cyl, Legends and Bandoleros regularly scheduled events. No tickets will be earned for either car owners for classes that do not receive track championship points, except for the Super Late Models as outlined in Section 7 below. Twin races held on the same night will count as only one events, both races will count toward the minimum event number.
- In order for an individual’s tickets to be included in the drawing, the registered Car Owner must compete in a minimum of 75% of the races actually run for that division. Any scheduled make up races will count toward the total races. For example, there are currently 13 dates for the Late Models. So, a Car Owner could potentially have 13 lottery tickets in the end of season drawing.
- In order to be considered to have competed in an event, the race car must complete at least 25% of the actual laps run for that particular race.
- If a car is disqualified from the race, no lottery ticket will be earned and that race will not qualify as a completed event for purposes of competing in 75% of the events.
- One fan will be drawn at random at each event to be entered into the end of season drawing.
- Each Super Late Model Car Owner that competes in the August 30th event and purchases one set of tires and also attempts to qualify will receive a lottery ticket for the end of season drawing.
- All qualified lottery tickets holders must be present at the end of season banquet in order to be participate in the drawing and have a chance at the final prize.
- Any changes will be at the sole discretion of the track and all decisions by the track are final.